- Are you confused by HTML, CSS, FTP, PHP….?
- Do you want to create your own website from scratch?
- Do you want expert instruction and advice from a working web designer?
- Do you find it hard to learn from books and DVDs?
If you have answered ‘yes’ to any of these questions, then our Web Design Jump-Start is for you.
Who should take this course?
Anyone who wants to build a website but doesn’t know where to start. You may want to learn web design for fun, boost your career or you may even want to build your own business website. You don’t need to have any background a web design, but you need to have a reasonable knowledge of using computers and the web.
- Small & friendly classes
- Quick ways to learn web design
- FREE domain name and 1 month hosting
- Taught by practicing professionals
- Lots of tips and useful advice
- Questions & answers
- and more…
What Will I Learn?
1. Essential Concepts and Technologies
All you need to know about the Internet to start web design
- Internet technologies: DNS, Domains, Hosting, FTP, etc
- Tools you need
- How web sites work
- Structuring and interlinking a website
2. Making Web Pages in HTML & CSS
Fun with HTML and CSS – Your first web page!
- The building blocks of HTML and CSS
- Hand-coding vs coding tools and why hand-coding is better
- Content and presentation
3. Layout Techniques & Images for Web
Positioning your content and making graphics
- Page flow and positioning
- Layout using CSS
- Graphics and images for web
4. Common Elements of Web Pages
From a web page to a website
- Navigations, headers and footer
- How to link web pages to form a website
- Intro to forms for contact and gathering details
5. Going Live & Your Questions
How to upload and maintain your website
- Registering your domain and setting up your site for live view
- What else you can learn and where to go from here
- Promoting your website
- Your questions